Thursday 11 September 2014

Taking a break at the village show


I have been engrossed in a new painting, which I'll post up when it's complete, but I left the studio to take 
a break as the sun was shining. 
Over the weekend the summer temperatures returned and we enjoyed one of the pleasures of rural Irish life - a visit to our annual village show.
As usual it was a wonderful mix of art, animals, baking and harvested produce and a great time was had by all.












Two of the show's founders enjoy the craic
Leaving the village we drove across the Slieve Bloom mountains to walk and enjoy the view, in the far distance we glimpsed the Hill of Tara, Croghan Hill and the Hill of Uisneach.




I'll see you soon with the new painting! 

4 comments:

  1. Homemade brown soda bread and homemade jam, life doesn't get much better than that! Were there cakes too and did you get to sample some? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Fran - Up until a couple of years ago we could buy the soda bread, cakes etc on display, which was great, then a new regulation came in and stopped it.
    I think it was something to do with health and safety but it actually took away from the pleasure and the exhibitors no longer got their money back.
    The red barriers you can see in the photos are part of this too :(
    As far as I know no one ever died from contaminated soda bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a great day. Love the painting and Fred looks in good form.
    BB Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it was Margaret - don't know who the artist was but I thought it was great.

    ReplyDelete

If you have enjoyed reading this blog please leave your thoughts in a comment and I will respond. I moderate this blog so Anonymous comments & Spam will be deleted.