Wednesday 17 September 2014

New painting: Colm Mac Con Iomaire

I have completed my new painting of our friend, the musician and fiddle player Colm Mac Con Iomaire.
The painting is a portrait showing how his music weaves together images, stories and mood.

Below I have included Colm's wonderful piece 'Aishling Eimear' so that you can  experience his music.

Please click on pictures to enlarge.

The finished painting: The Fiddle Player.
Art cards & prints are available to order - without wording. 


Before the 'magic' is added



Please listen and watch the video of  Colm's  'Aishling Eimear' - 'Emer's Dream':






 'Emer's Dream' is on Colm's CD The Hare’s Corner - Cúinne an Ghiorria which you can find on iTunes here
For more about Colm and his music please visit his website here











18 comments:

  1. You know this combination of such wonderful music and your painting, is so absolutely mind blowing that it made my eyes moist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it & I love his music too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful painting to accompany beautiful music, both artist & musician are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Snap - His music often makes the hairs stand up on my neck - always a good sign :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birgit said:
    I do not know if I have ever expressed it but I do love your paintings. This in particular and the expression you capture from Colm touches me.
    His Music, too.
    Thank you for sharing your gift and Colm´s.
    big hug
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to hear from you Birgit and thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work, Jane.. As I admire each photo of your progress, I feel each one would stand on its own as a finished piece. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane, this painting is stunning! I enjoy your friends music; and in fact, I follow him on Facebook.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started following him after Heron sent me a link to his music! It's all because of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's good to be able to share his talent around.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous painting and the music is magical

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jane it's wonderful. You've captured Colm and his music perfectly! Looking forward to seeing you next week x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Margaret - Thank you & hope all is well in Scotland :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you like it Grace - See you soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, everything flows so well, love his eyes & expression.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Ita & it's great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

If you have enjoyed reading this blog please leave your thoughts in a comment and I will respond. I moderate this blog so Anonymous comments & Spam will be deleted.